[FreeNX-kNX] nxclient crashes on Windows, works fine on Linux [SOLVED]

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Wed Jan 18 11:33:05 UTC 2006

* * schrieb:

(...)

>>Try to reproduce with the !M server (rather than FreeNX). If the problem
>>doesn't go away, file a bug with NoMachine.
>

> Nope, if cygwin's X server crashes, it's not NoMachine's fault....
> however once the cygwin problem is solved we will all need to bother
> nomachine to incorporate the bug fix.

I've been able to isolate the problem.

It happens with that video card (as listed in the Device Manager in
Windows):

Intel(R) 82815 Graphics Controller

(and perhaps all other Intel(R) 82xxx).

When one uses 24 bit (True Colour) mode.

Switching to 16 bit seems to be a good workaround for this problem.

I know it's not perfect, but I already pulled too many hair out of my
head :)

--
Tomasz Chmielewski
http://wpkg.org