[FreeNX-kNX] problems with ssl enabled

Tim Fletcher tim at parrswood.manchester.sch.uk
Mon Jan 9 09:29:15 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-01-07 at 20:04 +0100, Jaap Struyk wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Since the release of the new nx components I'am rewriting the hint I
> wrote http://www.japie.deserver.nl/ftp/HLFS/freenx.hint
> I tryed this on my server wich worked out of the box with and without
> SSL enabled, but then set it up another machine wich worked out of the
> box too, until I tryed to enable SSL.
> Info: Proxy running in client mode with pid '4151'.
> Info: Aborting the procedure due to signal '15', 'SIGTERM'.
>
> The server (loglevel 7):
> NX> 707 SSL tunneling: 1
> NX> 710 Session status: running
> NX> 1002 Commit
> NX> 1006 Session status: running
> NX> 105 bye
> Bye
> NX> 999 Bye
> NX> 1004 Error: nxagent failed to start with: NXAGENT: Fatal IO error on
> display
> "nx/nx,options=/home/nadine/.nx/C-japie-1001-9F6AAB22F1232115BCD7D4CF13607AA7/options:1001".
> NX> 504 Session startup failed.
> NX> 1001 Bye.
>
> I can't understand what's wrong, I have all the dependencies installed,
> the only thing different is the kernel setup (but I don't see what
> should be in there for freenx to work)
> Did I miss anything?

I have debugged a very similar problem to this that turned out to be due
to the fact I didn't have kde installed so the startkde command was
failing. The logs that showed this where found in .nx directory of the
user trying to login. It would also be worth trying a different session
such as gnome or failsafe.

--
Tim Fletcher
Learning Technologies Manager - Parrs Wood High School

tim at parrswood.manchester.sch.uk

Tel: 0161 445 8786

Tim Fletcher
C/O Parrs Wood Technology College