[FreeNX-kNX] nxagent error?

Brendan brendan at carramar.com
Wed Jan 4 21:44:25 UTC 2006

GBR wrote:

> I link /usr/NX/bin/nxagent in /usr/bin
> and authentication ok!! =]
> but...
>
> if i use client windows, occurs this error:
>
> NXPROXY - Version 1.5.0
>
> Copyright  2001, 2005 NoMachine.
> See http://www.nomachine.com/ for more information.
>
> Info: Proxy running in client mode with pid '3856'.
> Info: Connecting to remote host '10.62.102.249:5040
> <http://10.62.102.249:5040>'.
> Info: Connection to remote proxy '10.62.102.249:5040
> <http://10.62.102.249:5040>' established.
> Info: Synchronizing local and remote caches.
> Info: Handshaking with remote proxy completed.
> info: Not using NX delta compression.
> Info: Using lan link parameters 16384/8/0/0.
> Info: Using pack method '16m-jpeg-9' with session 'unix-kde'.
> Info: Not using ZLIB stream compression.
> Info: Not using remote ZLIB stream compression.
> Info: Not using persistent cache.
> Info: Using remote server '10.62.102.249:5040
> <http://10.62.102.249:5040>'.
> Info: Starting X protocol compression.
> Warning: Cookie mismatch in the authentication data.
> Info: End of session requested by remote proxy.
> Info: Shutting down the link and exiting.
>
> in client linux is ok!
>
> anyone know this?
>

> 2006/1/4, Brendan <brendan at carramar.com <mailto:brendan at carramar.com>>:
>
>     terander at guard.zapto.org <mailto:terander at guard.zapto.org> wrote:
>
>>>Hi Sr.s,
>>>
>>>I need help, the auth is ok, but after occurs this error:
>>>
>>>nxserver.log

>>>                Blocking 1017 again ...

>>Have you tried to enable ssl encryption in the client ? If you're server
>>is behind a fw/router that does port-forwarding of ssh (TCP/22), then you
>>need to enable ssl.
>>
>>If not, you can try starting nxagent in a console-window to see if you get
>>
>>any errors - there was a discussion here earlier on how to do that.
>>If I remember correctly, I think I had something similar to this after a
>>upgrade of FreeNX, and in my case it was only resolved by completely
>>
>>removing FreeNX + config, and reinstall it... (but this may be something
>>completely different since my memory may be faulty on this ;-))
>>
>>       /Terje

>     I recently built freenx from scratch on a Sparc/Debian box, and
>     had problems with nxagent, which was hard to troubleshoot.  I've
>     written up the details, and will post it somewhere useful
>     sometime, but here's the section on how I managed to get nxagent
>     working.  Note that I used the commercial directory structure
>     (/usr/NX), not the freenx structure under var.......
>
>         Library Troubleshooting
>         -----------------------
>         12.  After authentication, my session startup failed.
>
>             NX> 1004 Error: nxagent failed to start. Session timed out.
>             NX> 1001 Bye.
>
>         So it looks like nxagent isn't working.  Trying to run nxagent
>         manually fails, so it looks like I haven't built it yet.  Or
> [...]
I have the same problem, and I have read that this is because the new !M
client (1.5) plays differently to the old one (ver 1.4).  The answer may
lie in setting a variable in the freenx server
[yourpathhere]/NX/etc/node.conf, I just haven't got around to trying it
yet.  The parameter is something like:

ENABLE_1_5_0_BACKEND

If you do a search I'm sure you'll find lots of stuff.

regards,

Brendan.