[FreeNX-kNX] gnome/kde fade to black logout

Jack Tanner ihok at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 23 14:11:33 UTC 2005

Tom Horsley wrote:
> I thought perhaps other NX users might have figured out if
> there is some way to disable this annoying "feature" in Gnome
> and/or KDE? (I don't think it is worth any time making NX
> work better with it - I really want to just get rid of it
> in the first place so NX doesn't have to try :-).
>
> Thanks for any tips you can provide.

My FreeNX setup handles the Gnome fade-out just fine; perhaps it's the
higher-bandwidth link. I can see how it would be annoying, however.

In Gnome 2.10.0 on Fedora Core 4, under Desktop, Preferences, More
Preferences, Sessions, uncheck "Ask on Logout". You won't get the "log
out or shut down" prompt, but you won't get the fade-out either. You may
also want to uncheck "show splash screen".