[FreeNX-kNX] gnome/kde fade to black logout

Thomas A. Horsley tom.horsley at att.net
Thu Nov 24 00:58:42 UTC 2005

>In Gnome 2.10.0 on Fedora Core 4, under Desktop, Preferences, More
>Preferences, Sessions, uncheck "Ask on Logout". You won't get the "log
>out or shut down" prompt, but you won't get the fade-out either. You may
>also want to uncheck "show splash screen".

OK. I found that and an equivalent setting in KDE, so I am now able to
avoid the annoying logout. Thanks! (Just got to find all the systems
I use KDE and/or GNOME on and get them set right :-).
--
      email: Tom.Horsley at worldnet.att.net icbm: Delray Beach, FL      |
<URL:http://home.att.net/~Tom.Horsley> Free Software and Politics <<==+