[FreeNX-kNX] problem with RDP sessions (FreeNX 0.4.2 / !M-Client 1.5.0)

Fabian Franz FabianFranz at gmx.de
Thu Jul 28 11:28:42 UTC 2005

Am Donnerstag, 28. Juli 2005 03:23 schrieb Kai Lappalainen:
> On 28 Jul 2005 at 0:01, Fabian Franz wrote:
> > Either upgrade to 1.5.0 components (and set ENABLE_1_5_0_BACKEND) or use
> > an older client.
> >
> > cu
> >
> > Fabian
>
> Thanks, Fabian, I was afraid to get this answer. Unfortunately the 1.5.0
> components also have (different) problems - I followed your suggestion and
> did also test them: RDP Sessions work initially but "hang" after some
> minutes.

Strange I did work yesterday for a long time with a RDP session. Could you ask
developers at nomachine.com for help? I do not see where I can do something
wrong in setting up nxdeskop.

>Same happened with VNC Sessions. With sound enabled Gnome sessions
> play the "Start-Melodie" and stay with a black screen afterwards.
>

> I have no problem with downgrading, upgrading, hacking the sources or
> whatever I have to do, but I'd like to have a client/server/components
> combination which just works stable in all the basic(?) parts, namely
> Unix/KDE/Gnome, RDP/VNC,
> Remoteprinting,Filesharing and Sound. rootless-windows ("Kontact for
> Windows") should also work.

If you need rootless windows, you need 1.5.0 backend with
ENABLE_ROOTLESS_MODE=1 in node.conf.

If you need 1.5.0 backend with 1.5.0 client you need FreeNX 0.4.3 / CVS.

Remoteprinting works for me and others, but I do not know how why it fails for
you.

Filesharing works for me.

I've not yet tested Sound though, but from Windows nothing should have changed
regarding the 1.5.0 backend.

> Would you suggest the official !M-server?

Well, if you need something that is guaranteed to work, yes. You get support
and you get something back for your money. Its the easiest solution and also
helps the FreeNX development in the long term of course.

But I'm of course also open to discuss and try to get FreeNX working in all
respects.

cu

Fabian