[FreeNX-kNX] problem with RDP sessions (FreeNX 0.4.2 / !M-Client 1.5.0)

Kai Lappalainen nxlist at httgmbh.net
Thu Jul 28 01:23:24 UTC 2005

On 28 Jul 2005 at 0:01, Fabian Franz wrote:

> Either upgrade to 1.5.0 components (and set ENABLE_1_5_0_BACKEND) or use an
> older client.
>
> cu
>
> Fabian

Thanks, Fabian, I was afraid to get this answer. Unfortunately the 1.5.0 components
also have (different) problems - I followed your suggestion and did also test them: RDP
Sessions work initially but "hang" after some minutes. Same happened with VNC
Sessions. With sound enabled Gnome sessions play the "Start-Melodie" and stay with
a black screen afterwards.

With the older client I never managed to get rootless windows. Remoteprinting (KDE-
>Windows) never worked for me. The jobs "hang around" in the queue status "printing".
Also the older client has some problems with saving it's settings (font in Log-window is
microscopic - can be changed but is not remembered, font-server is always
unchecked)

I have no problem with downgrading, upgrading, hacking the sources or whatever I have
to do, but I'd like to have a client/server/components combination which just works
stable in all the basic(?) parts, namely Unix/KDE/Gnome, RDP/VNC,
Remoteprinting,Filesharing and Sound. rootless-windows ("Kontact for Windows")
should also work.

Would you suggest the official !M-server?

@Adilson: Thanks for the reply, but Fabians answer suggests, that it just doesn't work.

Thanks again and best regards,
Kai