[FreeNX-kNX] Looking for NX and FreeNX success stories

Paul van der Vlis paul at vandervlis.nl
Wed Jul 20 07:39:22 UTC 2005

Bruce Stephens schreef:

> That's said to be true of nxclient, but it didn't seem to work for me,
> but possibly at the stage when I tried it something else was wrong
> (specifically, maybe this was before I'd fixed up authentication
> properly: I have ssh not allowing password authentication, so the
> default config of freenx wouldn't have worked, regardless of port
> issues).

So far I know this is not true. (free)NX makes a new user ("nx") and
this user is authenticated trough a publickey and not with passwords.

So anyone using NX logs in as the user "nx" with a public key. After
this, the user "nx" uses a shell called "nxserver", and then you need to
login with a password.

With regards,
Paul van der Vlis.