[FreeNX-kNX] Request for Testing: Development Update: 0.4.2-CVS

Nicholas Lee emptysands at gmail.com
Tue Jul 5 05:13:40 UTC 2005

On 7/5/05, Nicholas Lee <emptysands at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 7/5/05, Fabian Franz <FabianFranz at gmx.de> wrote:
> > >
> > > I just double checked my OSX client. Its still getting the same
> > > problem. Blank screen with gnome. Nothing visable loading.
> > >
> > > When starting for a custom xterm, I get a few 100, Usage:program_name
> > > [address][:port]Usage:program_name [address][:port]Usage:program_name
> > > [address][:port]Usage:program_name [address][:port]....
> >
> > Huh? That is really strange.
>
> Yes, I'm guessing its in a loop somewhere. I need to sit down sometime
> and look at how freenx is written before I could hunt that error
> message out particularly.

I installed 0.4.2 on the new dev desktop instance. Deceide to custom
run konsole instead of xterm.  See the attached error log.   This is
from the winxp client to a konsole session, that starts gnome-session.

Note. KDE seems to set the correct DISPLAY var with unix:1000.0 vs
unix:1000 in Gnome.

> Give me a few days and I'll set up a test enviroment.

I've got a test ubuntu hoary Xen instance setup now.

Nicholas