[FreeNX-kNX] Request for Testing: Development Update: 0.4.2-CVS

Nicholas Lee emptysands at gmail.com
Tue Jul 5 01:18:16 UTC 2005

On 7/5/05, Fabian Franz <FabianFranz at gmx.de> wrote:

> > I just double checked my OSX client. Its still getting the same
> > problem. Blank screen with gnome. Nothing visable loading.
> >
> > When starting for a custom xterm, I get a few 100, Usage:program_name
> > [address][:port]Usage:program_name [address][:port]Usage:program_name
> > [address][:port]Usage:program_name [address][:port]....
>
> Huh? That is really strange.

Yes, I'm guessing its in a loop somewhere. I need to sit down sometime
and look at how freenx is written before I could hunt that error
message out particularly.

> What happens if you disable sound forwarding / services / ... ?

Sound currently isn't functional with the OSX client. At least on my
install its greyed out.

> > Sorry can't cut and paste the message. Still trying to get OSX to play
> > nice with X11.
>
> Hm ...

Its one annoying thing about using OSX I really need to figure out.

> > "The X system keyboard settings differ from your current GNOME
> > keyboard settings.  Which set would you like to use?"  Then choice
> > between X and Gnome.
>
> Yeah, I found that too. But I got it also on a normal X-Server so that at
> least is GNOME-related.

KDE doesn't seem to get this error. Although I'm having a problem with
sticky shift/ctl/atl keys.

> > Note, I'm still using the 1.4 NX libs.
>
> ... me too ...
>
> Well if I can't reproduce it I can't fix it. Can anyone provide me with a
> remote account for a failing GNOME session or get a good trace with starting
> a gnome-session in xterm ...

Hmm. I can probably shift a copy (running on top of Xen) of the
installation  to my colo machine from my home/dev network.

Give me a few days and I'll set up a test enviroment.

Nicholas