[FreeNX-kNX] text is hard to read

Paul van der Vlis paul at vandervlis.nl
Tue Aug 16 07:40:18 UTC 2005

Clay McCoy schreef:
> With the windows client, I saw font packages to download, but I did not
> see this when downloading the Mac client.  Is there a way to get font
> packages, or change the font size to make it more readable?

I don't know (and I have not tested it on a Mac client).

> I take it that the fonts you see on the client don't have anythign to do
> with the resolution of the server or client?

It has nothing to do with the resolution of the server (my server has a
resolution of 800x600, but my client has a resolution of 1280x1024).

But it has to do with the resolution of the client. When you have a
client with 800x600 resolution you cannot use a NX resolution of 1024x768...

And it has to do with the fonts you install on the server. Maybe that's
your problem.

Realize that the Windows client is a full-Xserver. The Linux client uses
the X server of the client. I am not sure about the MacOSX client, maybe
you need an X server on the client.

With regards,
Paul van der Vlis.