[FreeNX-kNX] Sessions can't be resumed on other OS

Jon Severinsson jon at severinsson.net
Sun Aug 7 20:43:09 UTC 2005

 > also, remember to match as many display
 > properties (color depth, size, fonts etc.) as you can.
 > I didn't find dpi to be one of those.

Using 1.5.0 clients, you can resume anything (not 100% tested with freenx).
As of 1.4.0 clients OS is irrelevant, only resolution and full-screen mode is
relevant. Both these has to match EXACTLY (making "Availible area" a session
almost imposible to resume on anther computer). *However*, ALL WINDOWS SESSIONS
is considered fullscreen (as they ocypy a full virtual X display in a cygwin
instance in windows). So a session created in Windows can only be resumed in
windows at the same resolution, or another OS in fullscreen mode where the
display has the same resolution as the nx session started in windows, and for a
session to be resumeable in windows, it must be started in windows, or in
another OS in fullscreen mode. I havn't tested the patch, so I don't know how
nxagent works with it.

Color depth must always be "true color" (24 bit in linux - 32 bit in windows)
for nx to work at all (at least oficially, though I don't think any checks will
stop it, it will just be potentially screwed up...).

Regards
- Jonno