[FreeNX-kNX] Again: Exporting a running X session

Kurt Pfeifle k1pfeifle at gmx.net
Mon Sep 20 14:12:10 UTC 2004

On Sunday 19 September 2004 12:53, Thorsten Schnebeck wrote:
> > Hi folks,
> >
> > I was trying to view my current session but didn't find any solution nor any
> > hints on this list.
> >
> > Is it possible and if so - how is it possible? :-)
> >
> > Regards, michael
>
> This question seems to be open. I did not found an answer?

It is currently not possible to share a running X session to a third
party. This is a feature that may be developed in the future by
NoMachine.

However, it should be easy to "screen-scrape" a running X session
and share it via VNC. Since NX can accelerated TightVNC by the
factor of 2-10, this may be a viable alternative. (And with an
XDamage extension support it may be even better soon).

> Bye
>   Thorsten

Cheers,
Kurt