[FreeNX-kNX] Re: login

Luca Corti cortez at tiscali.it
Fri Sep 17 23:38:30 UTC 2004

> I have installed latest debian package and everithing was gone rarely
> perfect. I made basic settings as you suggested, added requiring users and
> passwds.

[SNIP]

> NX> 203 NXSSH running with pid: 916
> NX> 200 Connected to address: 192.168.99.11 on port: 22
> NX> 202 Authenticating user: nx
> NX> 208 Using auth method: publickey
> NX> 204 Authentication failed.

Same thing here. I've notced that the ssh logs on the server complain about:

Sep 18 00:54:52 luca sshd[16474]: Authentication refused: bad ownership or modes for file /home/.nx/.ssh/authorized_keys2

Disablig /etc/ssh/sshd_config solves that, but I still can't log in.
Maybe because the target machine is behind a firewall?

thanks

Luca

--
Luca Corti <cortez at tiscali.it>