[FreeNX-kNX] login

Rix Beck rix at neologik.hu
Fri Sep 17 22:28:59 UTC 2004

Hi,

nice work...

I have installed latest debian package and everithing was gone rarely
perfect. I made basic settings as you suggested, added requiring users and
passwds.

Server seems to be running...

dual:~# nxserver --status
NX> 100 NXSERVER - Version 1.4.0-02 OS_(GPL)
NX> 110 NX Server is running
NX> 999 Bye

the requested users are also has

dual:~# nxserver --listuser
NX> 100 NXSERVER - Version 1.4.0-02 OS_(GPL)
NX> 146 NX users list

Username
---------------

root
rix
nxtest

NX> 999 Bye

I have Nomachine NX Client for windows and I made a session with user 'rix'.
Tried to login but the server always denies me with that message below,
doesn't matter which username I use it is always recognizes as user 'nx'.
This client is working with Nomachine demo server.

NX> 203 NXSSH running with pid: 916
NX> 200 Connected to address: 192.168.99.11 on port: 22
NX> 202 Authenticating user: nx
NX> 208 Using auth method: publickey
NX> 204 Authentication failed.

What did I wrong?