[FreeNX-kNX] Re: login

Doug Burks mubley at gmail.com
Sat Sep 18 15:09:50 UTC 2004

Hi Luca,

This looks similar to a problem I had (see my earlier email to the
list entitled "nxnode --setkey").  In my case, /home/.nx/.ssh/ had the
proper permissions, but /home/user1/.ssh/ did not.  I manually fixed
the permissions by doing:
chmod 700 /home/user1/.ssh/
I also suggested in my earlier email that the mkdir line in the
--setup function in nxnode be changed from:
mkdir -p $HOME/.ssh
to:
mkdir -m 700 -p $HOME/.ssh

My guess is that you can manually fix your permission problem by doing:
chmod 700 /home/.nx/.ssh/
and my suggestion for an ultimate fix is to change the mkdir line in
nxsetup from:
mkdir -p $NX_HOME_DIR/.ssh
to:
mkdir -m 700 -p $NX_HOME_DIR/.ssh

Please reply to the list and let us know if that helps any.

Thanks,
Doug