[FreeNX-kNX] Add UID switch patch

Mike Kost mike at tashcorp.net
Thu Oct 21 16:11:07 UTC 2004

When I was playing around with freeNX on my network at work, I started
running into global UID conflicts because we're running with NIS and
network passwords. I needed to specify the UID for the nx user when it was
written into my local /etc/passwd file so that it wouldn't cause trouble
for our IT group -- largest UID+1 isn't a valid solution.

The attached patch allows you to specify the nx user UID on creation.

The patch file is against a stock freenx-0.2.5

Changelog:
- Allow nx user UID to be specified on command line
- Upgrade switch processing to allow multiple command line switches
- Add --uid switch comment to --help display

Mike Kost
mike at tashcorp dot net