[FreeNX-kNX] NX session not suspendable

Kurt Pfeifle k1pfeifle at gmx.net
Tue Oct 12 12:31:00 UTC 2004

On Tuesday 12 October 2004 12:12, Jean-Eric Cuendet wrote:

> Not working for me neither. When I click the X box, I'm asked (through
> the ugly xmessage... :-) ) if I want to suspend.
> If I answer Yes, the session is then listed on the server. I can see it
> with : "nxserver --list"
> But if I connect again, a new session is opened...
>
> > There is a known issue using snapshot 4 client to connect to a 5/6 snapshot.
>
> I use Windows client 1.3.x and Linux last 4.x snapshot.

Try Windows client 1.4.0 (snapshot). Upon re-connection, it will
offer you a dialog asking if you want to re-connect to a suspended
session, or terminate a suspended session and/or create a new one.

For Windows client 1.3.2 you can enable the "auto-reconnect" feature
of FreeNX. (But in my experiments this didnt work reliably).

Cheers,
Kurt