[FreeNX-kNX] Thin-Client-Network

Lindner lindner_marek at yahoo.de
Wed Oct 6 10:12:29 UTC 2004

Doug Burks wrote:

>Installing FreeNX on an existing LTSP server is possible:
>http://ltsp.criticalcontrol.com/freenx.html
>
>NX may be integrated directly into the LTSP distribution in the future:
>https://listman.redhat.com/archives/k12osn/2004-September/msg00006.html
>
>Doug

As you suggested I downloaded the latest Knoppix and learned from its
configuration.
Later I configured a LTSP terminal server and client.
Now, I'd like to integrate NX because it's more secure and causes less
network traffic.

AFAIK, the X-Server can't be replaced by a NX-Server because I need a
running GUI to use the NX-clients ?!
But I can use NX as a proxy. Do you know where to find a good proxy HowTo ?

Thanks,
Marek