[FreeNX-kNX] When deploying Linux

Chris Fanning christopher.fanning at gmail.com
Mon Oct 4 09:02:51 UTC 2004

Hi,

When moving a whole group of users over to Linux you can almost be
sure that they are using some application that can't be easily
migrated. From a horrible mess of MSaccess queries, to some customized
accounting application.

I'd like to know if I can setup a freeNX network with Linux desktops
and use a Windows Terminal Server to server those applications I can't
 initially migrate.

What level of integration is possible?
I know you can open an NX session with the MSoft Terminal Server from
within X, but can I run just one MS application and have it open
within my Gnome o KDE?

Running an application from the MS Terminal Server inside KDE as if it
were a native Linux application is very interesting indeed.