[FreeNX-kNX] FreeNX server behind NAT

Leon Bukhman leon at lbsharp.com
Sat Oct 2 15:31:45 UTC 2004

Thanks for your help Doug.

I have been using SSH on both ports for several years so i don't think that is
a problem. And I have tested running FreeNX on both ports across my network
at home. Enabling SSH for all traffic does fix the NAT problem. However,
there seems to be something in the firewall at my work that blocks the
connection from being established (the NX Client gives no error messages why
it failed) It looks like if fails before the authentication stage. I find
this a bit strange since i can SSH from work without a problem.

I'll try again on Monday. Maybe I'll have better luck.

Has anyone tried FreeNX from behind a "strong" corporate firewall?

Leon