[FreeNX-kNX] FreeNX server behind NAT

Doug Burks mubley at gmail.com
Sat Oct 2 14:34:05 UTC 2004

Hi Leon,

The easiest way to do this is to make sure that "Enable SSL encryption
of all traffic" is checked (enabled) on the NX client.  This forces NX
to use SSH for all of its communication.   So then the trick is to
make sure that you can SSH to the FreeNX server.  As long as you can
do that, then you should be able to establish a FreeNX session.

You say that you have configured SSH to accept connections on port 22
and 23; have you tried actually connecting to both ports to verify
that this works?  If so, then fire up your NX client, click the
Configure button, set Port to 23 (on the General tab), and make sure
that "Enable SSL encryption of all traffic" is checked (on the
Advanced tab).  Then try logging in.

If it doesn't work, you might try editing /usr/bin/nxserver and changing:
SSHD_AUTH_PORT="22"
to:
SSHD_AUTH_PORT="23"
and see if that helps.