Python extensions not working on Falkon 3.1.0/openSuse Linux Leap 15.3

Juraj Oravec jurajoravec at mailo.com
Tue Oct 11 20:15:40 BST 2022

Hello,

I will try to answer a little bit.

> But it doesn't work for Python extensions, they just
> don't appear in the list.

The Python support is not included by your distribution.

See this search link (and check the supported versions):
https://software.opensuse.org/search?baseproject=ALL&q=falkon

> For some reason, the in-browser installation via ocs-url
> doesn't want to work,

You are using old version of Falkon for which the OCS support does not
exist yet.

It was added in Falkon 3.2.0, see the changelog:
https://invent.kde.org/network/falkon/-/blob/master/CHANGELOG

The extensions can be installed manually and you found a way.
The QML API was added in Falkon 3.1.0.

> For Python support...

Falkon is using PySide2 (as official Qt supported python bindings) and
Python3 for python support. In the search link above you can see the
falkon-python package which is only available to "Tumbleweed" or
experimental version. Please contact your distribution about more
details.

Best regards,
Juraj