Python extensions not working on Falkon 3.1.0/openSuse Linux Leap 15.3

Eric Brunel eric.brunel at netcourrier.com
Tue Oct 11 10:12:11 BST 2022

Hello all,

I'm trying to install extensions for Falkon 3.1.0 on openSuse Leap 15.3. For some reason, the in-browser installation via ocs-url doesn't want to work, but I figured out where the extension zips downloaded from https://store.falkon.org/ must be extracted: I've created directories qml & python in ~/.config/falkon/plugins and I extract them here depending on the extension language. This seems to work fine for QML extensions: after extracting the zip and relaunching Falkon, I see them appear in the "Extensions" category in the preferences. But it doesn't work for Python extensions, they just don't appear in the list.

I'm suspecting that I haven't installed what's needed for Python extensions to work, but I just can't find exactly what needs to be installed. Python is installed, of course, as well as PyQt and PySide2. The other thing worth mentionning is that openSuse comes with 2 versions of Python pre-installed: 2.7.18 and 3.6.15. The interpreter for the first one is just "python"; for the second one, it's "python3". But the packages available in the repos are not the same for the 2 versions: PyQt is available for both, but not PySide2, which is only available for python 3. How do I know which version Falkon is using for its extensions? And is there a way to change it?

Thanks!

--

 Eric