Python extensions not working on Falkon 3.1.0/openSuse Linux Leap 15.3

Eric Brunel eric.brunel at netcourrier.com
Tue Oct 11 21:09:55 BST 2022

Hello, and thanks a lot for your answer,

I will try to answer a little bit.

Well, you answered much more than "a little bit".

The Python support is not included by your distribution.

I guess it all boils down to that, which wasn't clear at all from what I could find.

You are using old version of Falkon for which the OCS support does not
exist yet.

It was added in Falkon 3.2.0, see the changelog:
https://invent.kde.org/network/falkon/-/blob/master/CHANGELOG

Well, thanks for answering that question too.

Falkon is using PySide2 (as official Qt supported python bindings) and
Python3 for python support. In the search link above you can see the
falkon-python package which is only available to "Tumbleweed" or
experimental version. Please contact your distribution about more
details.

Well, I tried to ask the question on the openSuse forums, but didn't get an answer. I guess I'll have to live with the lack of Python extensions until they make their way into the distribution.

Thank you very much again!

Best regards.

--

 Eric