Spell check dictionnaries in Falkon

David Rosca nowrep at gmail.com
Wed Oct 9 16:47:19 BST 2019

Hi,

On Wed, Oct 9, 2019 at 5:22 PM Vincent Frison <vincent.frison at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm testing Falkon and I like it. But Like many other people I guess I run into the spell checker problem.
>
> I have converted the French dictionary from hunspell in bdic but my issue is concering the directories.
>
> The directories displayed in Falkon's preferences are:
> /app/bin/qtwebengine_dictionaries/
> /usr/qtwebengine_dictionaries/
>
> These paths seem to me "strange" but maybe it's because I use Flakon 3.1 via flatpak ? Unfortunately Debian 10 only offers version 3.0.

Yes, those are "correct" paths - but those paths are inside the
Flatpak runtime, and I'm not sure you can modify anything there. There
is no support for custom path for dictionaries, because that's how
QtWebEngine works unfortunately.

> In any case I created the directories and copied the files but Falkon always displays "no language found".
>
> I also tried the more standard directories listed on the Wiki but it does not work either:
> /usr/bin/qtwebengine_dictionaries
> /usr/share/qt5/qtwebengine_dictionaries
>
> Thanks for your help,

I don't think there is a way to use custom dictionaries with Flatpak
(unless you make your own Falkon build ofc).

> Vincent.

David