Spell check dictionnaries in Falkon

Vincent Frison vincent.frison at gmail.com
Fri Oct 11 13:20:02 BST 2019

Le mer. 9 oct. 2019 à 17:47, David Rosca <nowrep at gmail.com> a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Oct 9, 2019 at 5:22 PM Vincent Frison <vincent.frison at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > I'm testing Falkon and I like it. But Like many other people I guess I
> run into the spell checker problem.
> >
> > I have converted the French dictionary from hunspell in bdic but my
> issue is concering the directories.
> >
> > The directories displayed in Falkon's preferences are:
> > /app/bin/qtwebengine_dictionaries/
> > /usr/qtwebengine_dictionaries/
> >
> > These paths seem to me "strange" but maybe it's because I use Flakon 3.1
> via flatpak ? Unfortunately Debian 10 only offers version 3.0.
>
> Yes, those are "correct" paths - but those paths are inside the
> Flatpak runtime, and I'm not sure you can modify anything there. There
> is no support for custom path for dictionaries, because that's how
> QtWebEngine works unfortunately.

Ok these paths are correct but "internal" to the Flatpak runtime. I'm not
familiar at all with Flatpak. You have no ideal how can I use them on
Debian 10 ?

> In any case I created the directories and copied the files but Falkon
> always displays "no language found".
> >
> > I also tried the more standard directories listed on the Wiki but it
> does not work either:
> > /usr/bin/qtwebengine_dictionaries
> > /usr/share/qt5/qtwebengine_dictionaries
> >
> > Thanks for your help,
>
> I don't think there is a way to use custom dictionaries with Flatpak
> (unless you make your own Falkon build ofc).

Maybe the easiest solution is to build my own Flatpak binary from the
sources but I'm really not sure I can easily grab all the required
dependencies in Debian 10. I will try when I have free time. It's really a
shame that only Falkon 3.10 is available in Debian 10 (and even in Debian
unstable).

Thanks, Vincent.