KDE - How to disable the Switch User and Lock in Leave Menu ?

Zaiwen Gong zgong at bnl.gov
Mon Mar 12 13:55:35 UTC 2018

Hi,

I am using KDE 4.10.

I would like to find out how to disable the Switch User and Lock in
Leave Menu.

I don't want to disable Switch User and Lock button in the Leave Menu at
system level.

Instead, I would like to do it at user level. That is, I would like to
configure a special user's .kde/share/config file and when this special
user logins, he will not see the Switch User and Lock button in the
Leave Menu.

I tried to put below contents in several files (kdeglobals, ksmserverrc,
plasma-desktoprc,  plasma-desktop-appletsrc) with two formats, but none
is working.

     [KDE Action Restrictions][$i]
     action/switch_user=false
     action/start_new_session=false