Enforcing screen lock policies for RHEL 7 / KDE 4?

David Edmundson david at davidedmundson.co.uk
Tue Jun 20 16:17:55 UTC 2017

What version of Plasma?

If it's Plasma 5 you want to look in ~/.config for the format not ~/.kde.

On Tue, Jun 20, 2017 at 4:53 PM, Kodiak Firesmith <kfiresmith at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Folks,
> I support a 95% Gnome 3 environment and am currently working on policies
> to help lock down alternate desktop managers.
>
> I spent a few minutes googling and came up empty, so I set the preferred
> settings I wanted manually and looked for the corresponding ~/.kde/ file
> that it changed, discovered kscreensaverrc.  That gave me the format I
> wanted.
>
> Then I skimmed the KDE kiosk guidance and found out about the [$i] thing,
> eg: [ScreenSaver][$i] to make the settings immutable.
>

> I looked for system-level configs for KDE in /etc and was saddened to
> discover no location in /etc/ to make a global override.  Then I went
> digging through /usr/share/kde-settings and ended up putting this file:

There is.

Order of propogation for Plasma 5 is:

~/.config/myAppConfigrc (i.e dolphinrc)
~/.config/kdeglobals
/etc/xdg/kdeglobals
~/.config/system.kdeglobals
/etc/xdg/system.kdeglobals
/etc/kde5rc

With the topmost being the value used unless set immutable by one lower.

David