Word puzzle in Elisa

Sveinn í Felli sv1 at fellsnet.is
Mon Aug 31 00:02:03 BST 2020

Þann 30.8.2020 21:03, skrifaði Albert Astals Cid:
> El diumenge, 30 d’agost de 2020, a les 21:10:04 CEST, Carson Black va escriure:
---
>> I brought this up to the guy who added the string in question and he can't
>> understand why this is problematic for translation.
>
> Just ask Matthieu as a French speaker he'll be able to tell you that you can't translate that correctly.
>
> Example:
> https://translate.google.com/#view=home&op=translate&sl=en&tl=fr&text=No%20song%20found
> https://translate.google.com/#view=home&op=translate&sl=en&tl=fr&text=No%20album%20found
>
> Do you do "Aucune %1 trouvée" or "Aucun %1 trouvé"? Which of the translations you want to be wrong?

Same here for Icelandic, we have three genders ;-)

Also if %1 is something like "Artist", "Genres", "Files", and "Radios"
as suggested, then there should be a way of translating those in
lower-case, because capitalization inside a sentence is a no-go in
Icelandic, unless it's a proper name.
If there are only capitalized strings on offer, then I'd be forced to
translate the msgid to equivalent of "No '%1'-class found" or "No record
for '%1' found" (which sounds awful, right?).

Best,
Sveinn í Felli