Mockups and UI ideas

Diego Gangl dnicolas at gmail.com
Fri May 4 18:11:14 UTC 2018

Hey, thanks for the comments guys.

About the volume slider: the main concern was to make more room for the other buttons but there's plenty of space actually. One thing I'd still change is to make a bit smaller.

> I had similar things in mind with the playlist and now playing views. In addition, I would make the now playing view a normal window like e.g. all albums view. This makes the look very consistent and would easily allow to hide the playlist.

That would be awesome, hiding the playlist was one of the often requested features after 0.1.

Think I'll start with the visual playerbar changes first. I should have them done soon-ish.
I'm wondering if the responsive stuff would require Kirigami or something, or can we do it with vanilla QML?

> >Thanks already for your work that is really inspiring.
Likewise, I got pumped after seeing all the patches you were sending in my inbox :)

Cheers!

On jueves, 3 de mayo de 2018 17:39:39 -03 Alexander Stippich wrote:
> Hello,
> They look really nice!
> I like how the player bar looks in the mockup. The circles are gone with kf5.45, and I've added the missing icons for the repeat/shuffle buttons for kf 5.45. Regarding the volume slider, personally I would only hide it for smaller window sizes.
>
> I think the biggest issue with responsiveness currently are the three buttons in the navigation bar, which easily overlap the playlist. This should be solvable with controls v2 buttons.
>
> I had similar things in mind with the playlist and now playing views. In addition, I would make the now playing view a normal window like e.g. all albums view. This makes the look very consistent and would easily allow to hide the playlist.
>
> Looking forward to the changes!
> Best regards,
> Alex
>
> On May 3, 2018 5:56:15 PM GMT+02:00, Matthieu Gallien <gallien.matthieu at gmail.com> wrote:
> >Hello,
> >
> >On mercredi 2 mai 2018 16:33:54 CEST Diego Gangl wrote:
> >> Hey guys,
> >>
> >> I've working on mockups for some ideas to improve Elisa's UI. I've
> >posted
> >> them here: https://diegogangl.github.io/
> >
> >They are really amazing. They really look good.
> >
> >The part on the side panel of the Now playing view is exactly what I
> >had in
> >mind. Especially the part about easy navigation would be really usefull
> >in my
> >opinion.
> >
> >I just have a doubt about not showing the volume slider. I know that
> >quite a
> >few music player do it like that but there also a lot that always show
> >a sort
> >of volume slider like Amarok but not only.
> >
> >> Some stuff might be outdated now though (I don't see any circles
> >around
> >> buttons in my new build) What do you guys think?
> >>
> >> Cheers!
> >>
> >> PS. I've been busy but I'll get back to contributing regularly soon
> >:)
> >
> >Thanks already for your work that is really inspiring.
> >
> >> ---
> >> Diego Gangl
> >> sinestesia.co
> >
> >Best regards