Questions regarding MediaPlayList

Alexander Stippich a.stippich at gmx.net
Wed May 9 18:56:24 UTC 2018

Hello,

I'm slowly working towards handling files with little to zero metadata, which
is needed for a file browser. I'm struggling a little bit with the
mediaplaylist currently, specifically with tracks enlisted only by url.

I never really understood the duplication between the MediaPlaylistEntry data
lists and the lists of MusicAudioTracks, can you elaborate a little bit on
that?

Anyways, there is a bug that also affects enlisting tracks via the command
line.
If you add the tracks via url, they get added to the mData structure with a
corresponding, empty MusicAudioTrack (I think). This makes displaying etc.
really difficult and currently completely fails. The scanning of metadata is
only happening afterwards, since the url is given to the TracksListener, which
does the scanning for metadata. It seems that it is not updated afterwards.

I think we need to fill the MusicAudioTrack immediately, I'm just not sure how
to do it properly. One could move the scanning to MediaPlayList, but I think
this would block the UI. Thoughts?

Best regards,
Alex