File Browser Branch

Matthieu Gallien gallien.matthieu at gmail.com
Sat Jun 2 16:28:48 UTC 2018

Hello all,

I have changed my mind and will tag today the beta 0.2 version with the
browser by genre and the file browser. The idea is to gather feedback from
early testers and fix as many issues as possible.

My plan is to check before final release if we keep those new features or if
we deactivate them based on feedback and tests by us.

On jeudi 31 mai 2018 22:25:20 CEST you wrote:
> Hello Alex,
>
> On lundi 28 mai 2018 22:55:33 CEST Alexander Stippich wrote:
> > Hello Matthieu,
> > Great to hear that you find the file browser useful. I'm currently quite
> > short on time,  so please go ahead. It will certainly be nice if these two
> > branches will be integrated for the next release.
>
> I did spent several hours on Tuesday working on the file browser branch. I
> have been unable to fix a few problems I have seen.
>
> The most important being that the sort proxy messes up and some entries just
> show up an empty delegate. This is only shown with the sort proxy model.
> Removing the sort proxy model is also not an option, without that the order
> of entries is just wrong.
>
> I have also tried making the navigation faster by leveraging the fact that
> subdirectories can be navigated into by using them as root index when sing a
> DelegateModel to embed the files model. This is currently not pushed
> because issues remain.
>
> I have also worries related to the fact that browsing big directories is
> really much slower than dolphin for example. This is by at least one order
> of magnitude.
>
> I believe we should fix those issues before landing the branch in master. I
> think people will be very happy with this feature but we should make it
> works flawlessly or delays it.
>
> I am sorry for that. I would have loved to be able to push it to the next
> release but I am not confident we can fix the issues before the next stable
> release and we have a feature freeze this Saturday.
>
> > Best regards,
> > Alex
> >
> > On May 27, 2018 10:48:10 PM GMT+02:00, Matthieu Gallien
>
> <gallien.matthieu at gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
>
> Best regards
>
> --