Please rebuild non-KF packages using ECM's kde_package_app_templates macro with KF 5.79

Harald Sitter sitter at kde.org
Wed Feb 17 12:30:42 GMT 2021

On 15.02.21 23:10, Friedrich W. H. Kossebau wrote:
> Hi,
>
> the previous ECM 5.78 had a broken version of the macro
> kde_package_app_templates(), which generated unusable broken project template
> files, which then both KAppTemplate & KDevelop displayed as garbage and could
> not use for creating new software projects. The macro itself got fixed for ECM
> 5.79.
> See https://invent.kde.org/frameworks/extra-cmake-modules/-/merge_requests/70
>
> While most usages of that macro are from KF modules (kirigami, kparts,
> krunner, ktexteditor, plasma-frameworks), so your latest packages for KF 5.79
> would automatically use the fixed ECM 5.79 version, there are also non-KF
> projects which also use that macro. So if their latest package was built
> against KF/ECM 5.78, those would only provide garbage template files.
>
> So once you have KF 5.79 packages done and published, please also trigger a
> rebuild of the following packages against the new version to make sure they
> again have working templates (those which are installed to share/
> kdevappwizard/templates):
> * akonadi
> * kdeplasma-addons
> * plasma-workspace
> (not aware of others, list backed by lxr.kde.org matches)

quick FYI since I checked the installed artifacts in neon: the following
sources do install templates, whether they use the regressed macro is
another question and lxr may be more reliable there. if you want to be
on the save side you may still wish to rebuild the lot

- akonadi
- kdevelop
- kdevelop-php
- kdevelop-python