New dependency for KPat

A. Wilcox awilfox at adelielinux.org
Tue May 22 23:27:31 BST 2018

On 05/22/18 14:01, Fabian K. wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've decided to push the change, so KPat now hard depends on
> freecell-solver. The rationale is that the existing solver code is
> hardly maintained anymore, and the new one provides a vastly better
> experience. I hope this causes not too much distress for our friends
> at Slackware, to whose I propose to:
> - Either locally revert fc1d54ced6a727382599d767e55879b6843c3456. In
> that case, I wouldn't triage bugs from Slackware users which relate to
> those specific game solvers, but otherwise it would be fully
> supported,
> - or try to add the required dependency to your distro,
> -  or to not package KPat. That would be a bit sad, but also not the
> end of the world.
>
> Cheers,
> Fabian

For what it's worth, we are currently trying to round up the Perl deps
for freecell-solver in Adélie, but we see no issues with it so far.
Thank you so much for revamping the solvers; I've hit a number of corner
cases with the old one and am very glad to see improvement here!

Best,
--arw

--
A. Wilcox (awilfox)