How to handle KDE not respecting YOUR distros requirements?

Thomas Pfeiffer thomas.pfeiffer at kde.org
Mon Mar 28 02:49:24 BST 2016

On Sonntag, 27. März 2016 22:17:37 CEST Martin Steigerwald wrote:

> I do think that some kind of quality rating for apps provided under the KDE
> umbrella might be helpful.
>
> Or some recommendations of some sort.
>
> And some clear information on what is maintained and what is not maintained
> currently. Maybe even with a bit of history. For how long something has not
> been maintained?

I fully agree with you here! To be honest, even I as a core KDE contributor do
not know what is or isn't currently maintained, or who maintains what within
KDE.
This is information we definitely do have to collect, make public and keep up
to date.

There is currently an ongoing effort of sorting out unmaintained software
within KDE Applications, but we do lack clear and public information on what
is or isn't maintained.

> If Plasma is not one stack, I think some guidance for distributions would be
> beneficial. I think that currently Debian Qt/KDE team tries to package as
> much as they can (which is *lots*).

So now it looks like we have at least contributors from two distributions who
would like more guidance. Let's hear what others have to say, too.

Thank you,
Thomas