How to handle KDE not respecting YOUR distros requirements?

Martin Graesslin mgraesslin at kde.org
Sun Mar 27 20:05:04 BST 2016

On Friday, March 25, 2016 10:55:31 PM CEST Richard Brown wrote:
> As an aside - if KDE is prepared to be more flexible in order to support
> *BSD distributions, where does this attitude that all Linux distributions
> should conform to a template of KDE's choosing come from? It seems to me to
> be a double standard that seems to be lacking an anchor in common sense as
> far as I can parse.

I don't see any double standard here. As I explained in my mail starting this
thread: we are very open to code for different distribution stacks. We accept
code for BSD, we accept code for consolekit2. Neither do we go extra miles to
test/write code on BSD, nor on consolekit2. So I don't see the double
standard. If you have specific examples where such a double standard existed,
please tell me! I would be very interested in that personally.

Sure if it's a solution just for one specific distribution we might ask you to
keep it in your distro. E.g. I cannot see us taking in code to integrate
better with yast2. That's something I would see fit better into openSUSE's
repos.

Cheers
Martin