How to handle KDE not respecting YOUR distros requirements?

Simone Tolotti simone.tolotti at gmail.com
Sun Mar 27 18:02:18 BST 2016

I've said since kde4 was born, plasma panel is a major regression vs. Kde3
panel.
It was easier to add app icons to it in kde3 and that's what average users
are expecting from a panel/dock. And most if those users identify the DE
with the panel itself.
Talking about applications I agree that they need lot of polishing and
bugfixing work instead of adding new features.
Kde devs has had a lot of good ideas (technically speaking) that didn't
translated to benefits in user experience, look at strigi/nepomuk for
example.
I think that kde at this point need a strong ux/ui team that could really
understand user needs. The next development cycle should focus on making
kde/plasma the most user friendly environment.
Users needs to focus on doing their work instead of losing their time
tinkering the panel and playing with widgets.

I'm sorry for my bad english I hope you could understand anyway.

Thanks for your work we really appreciate it!

Best regards,
Simone