What would distributions like KDE to do?

Thomas Pfeiffer thomas.pfeiffer at kde.org
Sat Mar 26 00:52:22 GMT 2016

Hi everyone,
now after KDE devs had the chance to tell distributions how we think you can
help to improve your users' experience with our software, I'd like to collect
what you would like us to do or need from us.

In order for the requirements to be actionable, it would be best if you could
be as precise about them as possible.
As an example: "We need to know in advance which new dependencies you have and
why" is important information, but it's even more helpful if you could add at
which point exactly you need it, who needs to have it, over witch
communication channel etc.

Since both our Etherpad ans wiki need a KDE Identity login and I don't know
how many of you have one, I'd like to collect your requirements/wishes here
first, discuss them and then put the results up on our wiki for everyone in KDE
to read.

We really want to make this work and we really need to know what you need from
us, so please, keep the input coming!

Thanks,
Thomas