Tag Structure

Remco Viëtor remco.vietor at wanadoo.fr
Fri Sep 18 17:50:38 BST 2026


On vendredi 18 septembre 2026 18:21:32 heure d’été d’Europe centrale Alan & 
Carol Morris wrote:
(...)
> 
> If I attach 'Tiger' to a file, then I would expect to find this file when
> searching for 'Tiger' or 'Cat' or 'Animal'.
> 
> But to do this, it appears that I have to attach all three tags to this
> file.  Very time consuming and also clutters the display with multiple tags.
> 
> Or an I missing something?

Yes, assuming you have a hierachy animal|cat|tiger.
You can tell Digikam to also set the parent tags (right click on a tag, and 
select "toggle auto" in the popup menu).

If you don't have those tags in a hierachy, you will have to attach all three 
of them manually (Digikam doesn't know a tiger is a cat is an animal...)




More information about the Digikam-users mailing list