Tag Structure

Andrew Goodbody ajg02 at elfringham.co.uk
Fri Sep 18 19:18:57 BST 2026


On 18/09/2026 17:21, Alan & Carol Morris wrote:
> If I attach 'Tiger' to a file, then I would expect to find this file 
> when searching for 'Tiger' or 'Cat' or 'Animal'.
> 
> But to do this, it appears that I have to attach all three tags to this 
> file.  Very time consuming and also clutters the display with multiple tags.
> 
> Or an I missing something?

If you are using the search dialogue box then change the dropdown next 
to the tags box to say 'In Tree' then when you pick a tag higher up the 
hierarchy it will find all images with any tag lower down the hierarchy.

If you are just selecting the tag in the left hand bar then it just 
works, you get images with the tag and all sub tags.

Andrew


More information about the Digikam-users mailing list