Tag Structure

Alan & Carol Morris landy130 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 17:21:32 BST 2026


Firstly, I do not want to hold any tag data in any image file, as it has
two major disadvantages.  Most comments assume holding data in the images.

The main disadvantage is that it plays havoc with my data backup method.
So every edit of just one character causes that image to change requiring a
large amount of unnecessary wastage of disk space.  Up to 20MB or more per
image, for 1 byte of data change.  It also increases the time to run a
backup.

The minor problem is that when I sent relatives and friends images, I may
need to remove any data.


Now to the main reason for posting.  As a new user of digiKam, but having
used (and also written database programs since the 1980s) many database
programs, I'm finding it difficult to use.

So using from digiKam docs:-

[image: image.png]


If I attach 'Tiger' to a file, then I would expect to find this file when
searching for 'Tiger' or 'Cat' or 'Animal'.

But to do this, it appears that I have to attach all three tags to this
file.  Very time consuming and also clutters the display with multiple tags.

Or an I missing something?
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/digikam-users/attachments/20260918/eaeb4949/attachment.htm>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: image.png
Type: image/png
Size: 11017 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/digikam-users/attachments/20260918/eaeb4949/attachment.png>


More information about the Digikam-users mailing list