App crashes on Mac when adding a folder to ignore list

digikam at boeziek.nl digikam at boeziek.nl
Sat May 25 11:53:48 BST 2024

Hello,

When I add a folder to the Ignore list under Collections => Ignored Directories, the app hangs/crashes. (I get a warning to send a crash report to Apple too).
Maybe because the folder was already indexed in the database that causes it to crash if ignored later?

E.g. I ignore folders like CaptureOne (as they have the Settings120 folder with .cos files and a Cache folder)

After the app restarts, the folders are ignored and it works.

I run Digikam 8.3 on MacOS Sonoma (latest)

Best,
Etienne