DigiKam 8.3.0 on Windows 7? [Re: digiKam 8.3.0 is released]

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Tue Mar 19 16:26:37 GMT 2024

yes and no.

Yes, as the binary is fully portable on an usb key

No, as the application configuration is still stored by default on the
home directory...

But there is a solution : digiKam takes a place to store the config
file and the database with specific arguments. So it can be easy to
wrap these settings to use all files from the portable media through a
script.

Note that hosting the database on a USB key can decrease performance
of course, as the USB interface is a bottleneck compared to the
internal bus from the computer.

Best

Gilles Caulier