issue with time stamp image created with digikam editor

leoutation at gmx.fr leoutation at gmx.fr
Mon Jan 29 20:20:52 GMT 2024

On 1/29/24 18:56, Maik Qualmann wrote:
> Hmm, that's a matter of opinion. Cropping does not create a new image; it is a
> derivative of the original.

I know most people need to crop their images because composition don't
satisfy them, this is not my case.
In art/photography world, "cropping" is used to change
composition/framing, to create new images. It may totally change image
sense that has nothing to do with original image. This is my case.
Cropping date is needed, otherwise, i get problems when sorting these
new images.

> If we changed this, I know we would get bug
> reports from users who sort their images by date and now the changed image
> doesn't appear next to the other.
> What we could update would be a modification
> date.
May be an option  to timestamp cropping ?