issue with time stamp image created with digikam editor

Jay jay at speedpost.net
Mon Jan 29 22:36:31 GMT 2024

Hi all,

I save my images in folders by <year>, <month>, and <day-of-month>, and the filename, after modification and saving, is changed by appending _v1 or _v2 etc. to reflect that I've made changes to an image using the editor. This makes is very easy for me to manage my collection and keep related files together. I would not like to make such a change in approach, which also raises another question: If cropping a photo creates a "new" image, does the slightest change to an image also create a new image? Tweak the contrast only a little? I would say no, but a matter of opinion. Changing the modification date makes more sense to me.

I prefer the current structure, and thanks, Maik, for asking.

Best wishes,
Jay Rutherford