digiKam very slow.

Kolbjørn Stuestøl kolbjoern at stuestoel.no
Sun Nov 19 17:14:05 GMT 2023

I've been using digiKam for a couple of weeks to catalog my images.
(Inserts keywords to find the images again later).
My problem is that digiKam works very slowly. Takes up to several
minutes to update the images after each change. I have tried several
versions of digiKam with the same result. At the moment version 8.0.0.
Running in Windows 11 with the files on external hard drive. The
pictures are 15 - 20 years old taken with a Hewlett Packard digital
camera. Each image is about 2 Mb in size.

I have not found anything about this in this or other forums.

Kolbjørn