Problem Writing Metadata.

Bob Birenbaum birenbaum4 at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 4 18:30:20 BST 2023

Hello,

I use Digikam for basic photo cataloging.  Typically all I do is add captions to images and videos, and sometimes change the date/time tag, as shown here.

[cid:ae42be1f-9b88-48d4-b431-7eb329f8ee5b]
In the past, when I've done this, I could also go into the file on Windows 10, look at properties, and see the metadata reflected there.  The "caption" I entered on Digikam would be reflected in the "Title" and "Subject" fields in Windows.  An example is shown below.

[cid:7f637d50-181e-47aa-854f-ceeca4804a8f]

Today I was going through this process with some new files, and it isn't working as it used to.  So, what changed?  It seems that this process works OK for .jpg files, but not for HEIC files.

So, the question is, how can I configure Digikam to write the metadata that I change to HEIC files?

Thank you.