Tags not getting read from images

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Thu Jun 8 06:33:19 BST 2023

Le jeu. 8 juin 2023 à 06:35, Milind Joshi <mmjoshi at iitbombay.org> a écrit :

> Unfortunately, I had already assigned the missing tags manually. Hence
> could not recreate this scenario. If I come across this problem in the
> future I will create the debug trace.
>
> On a side note, does digiKam store any information outside the
> digikam4.db file?

In the file metadata if settings is turned on of course.

>I have my main database on a USB hard drive which gets
> accessed by two digiKam programs, one running on my laptop and the other
> one running on my desktop. Both these programs have their own digikamrc
> file storing the settings for each program. Though most of the settings
> are same, there are some differences in the settings for these two programs.
>
> Do I need to take any precautions while sharing the digikam4.db between
> two programs this way? Is there any possibility that the tags assigned
> to the images will get messed up?

the database cannot be acceded by to session at the same time. Also
use the same digiKAm version on both computer.

But why not to use a shared mariadb database over the network ?

https://docs.digikam.org/en/setup_application/collections_settings.html#the-network-shares-specificity

Gilles Caulier