[digiKam-users] digikam database on external drive

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 15:02:25 GMT 2023

Hi,

This is due to the USB interface to deal with the external media.

At minimum USB 3.1 must be used, not a lower version.

Never uses an HDD on USB. Uses SSD or better NVMe drive with a
performant electronic interface.

I patch the online doc accordingly.

https://docs.digikam.org/en/setup_application/database_settings.html#database-type-criteria

Gilles